Recipes

Friday, March 20, 2009

The writing is on the wall

Litterally...I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks now and finally did it yesterday.


Wanted to give the kitchen a more personal touch and thought this was a great way to bring me and what I love to do into the kitchen. I only had to scrub it off once..lol...no I didn't offically measure, I just started painting letters on the wall. I'm really glad we bought good quality paint.

I liked the way it turned out so well, I even painted on the header in the dining room. I am going with more Americana stuff in there but still wanted the outdoor/lodge feeling since you look into the living room from there so I think the wording is more in line with the outdoors than the other phrase I was going to overlay. Here is a close up view of the dining room. You can see the shading under all the lettering in it better.

Now, I think I will head to the bedroom next for more graphitti...lol

3 comments:

bow mom said...

so cool! I love it.

Laurie Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, you did such an awesome job! I wish I could do something like that. Great work.

Crystal Martin said...

Thanks ladies! I want to write around the entire bedroom next. I've been a huge fan of John Denver since I was 12 so I'm thinking I want the words to Annies Song (it was a our wedding song) in the bedroom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails