Recipes

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Big Clean-Out...Day 1

I finally decided that yesterday was the day to start cleaning out what is supposed to be my painting/craft room.  Over the last half of the 2009 I really accomplished very little because it was so disasterous...way too much in the space.  It's one of those things where you ask yourself, "Where do I even start?" so you do nothing at all.  If I am to accomplish anything at all this year that room needs to be cleaned out so I have a place to create.
So I put on my hazmat suit and went in...don't really have a suit but sure felt like I needed one.  I spent the whole day sorting through things, filling boxes for donating, filling trash bags, cleaning, vacuuming, deciding what to keep, finding stuff I didn't even know I had, and other things I wondered why I had.  I filled one of the large rolling trash cans and 12 boxes for donations. 
All the shelving came out of the closet, the closet floor was vacuumed, a new shelf was added, and items were sorted into clear shoe boxes.  There is still a shelf and a half full of fabric including some 30+ yards super soft minky I've never even touched. It will be going up on Esty for sure...at least some of it. Today I will purchase more clear boxes, including some larger ones for all the yarn I use for doll hair.  If there is red to be found in any brand, I believe I have it.
After eight hours of continuous work, it doesn't look any better...but it will.  It's one of those processes where it will get messier before it gets cleaner.  But it will happen, this I know.  I want  2010 to be a better year than the last and this is just the start of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails