Recipes

Thursday, February 28, 2013

















It's that time of year again...The Creative Painting Convention is in Vegas!  Classes began on Sunday and will continue throughout the week.  My favorite part of the whole thing is the trade show floor.  It opens on Wednesday and runs through Friday.

 All the booths were full this year which was good to see.   I went yesterday on opening day.  The floor was buzzing with happy shoppers carrying bags filled with with treasures of patterns, books, paint, wood, tin and more.  I have to admit, I was one of them.  I managed to do plenty of damage to my check book but I won't need to purchase brushes for a year...maybe more.
I went by myself this year.  I think that was a first for me.  There used to be a group of us that went, my aunt and a couple of her friends would even come up from Texas for it.  The last few years my friend Diane went with me but she had a dentist appointment and didn't want to take off any more time from work than needed.   I have to admit, it's more fun when you have someone to squeal and giggle with.
Here are a few pictures of the treasures I accumulated at the show.































Well, I have all these new goodies so that means I will need to get busy and create some fun new stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails