Recipes

Friday, February 15, 2013

Another Valentine's Day Full of Flowers

Since Sunday, I've been working at a local floral shop for Valentine's Day.  This is always a long week for us around here.  It's nice to hear that orders were up 15% by Monday...bad news is we were down 2 designers from last year.  This made for some extra long hours for the rest of us.  My longest day was 16.5 hours, most were 8-10 hour days.  One day I counted 68 arrangements that came across my table.  
I'd like to say I am enjoying a few days off but I picked up flowers for 36 arrangements for an employee appreciation dinner Saturday.  I think I'll take Sunday off  for myself.  
I hope all of you enjoyed your flowers and Valentine's Day.  It's great to serve others, especially when they appreciate it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails