Recipes

Friday, January 7, 2011

A new beginning...

Don't you just love this time of year?  A fresh start...a new beginning...a new outlook on life...
As much as I love Christmas, its so nice to put it all away and have a cleaner, uncluttered house if even for just a little while.  I pull down my old calendar, post important dates in the new one and put it up.  There is much to do this time of year...most of it cleaning, sorting and organizing.  Hey, why do you think Walmart fills the enitre garden department with storage bins...lol.
Last year, I spent most of January cleaning, purging, and organizing my paint room.  Costco has oversized shoe boxes and large totes...all clear... that I used along with some really sturdy metal kitchen style shelving.  I am pleased to say, it's stayed organized and has been easy to keep clean and neat. 
This year, I am planning on taking inventory of finished product, box it up by category, and put it away nice and neat.  Currently, it seems to be in several places so I really don't know what I have.  Of course...there will be purging invovled.  I've vowed to remove inventory that hasn't sold well and donate it away. 
I've begun working at a floral and gift shop I used to work for so I know my time is more limited than it used to be.  I need to focus, stay organized, and still manage to get things done for shows.  My plan is to do fewer but bigger shows so I'm not killing myself come October-December.  That's the plan at least. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails