Recipes

Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer and Americana





Summer and Americana were just made to go together...it just seems to ooze patriotism. We kick it off with Memorial Day then we march onto Flag Day (6/14)...Independence Day....Labor Day...Patriot Day (9/11) before we really call the end of summer. We celebrate with parades, festivals, picnics and BBQ's with friends and family. Many of us decorate with Americana all year round...I'm one of them. I just love our flag, I tear up when I hear the national anthem and say the Pledge of Alligiance, I know I am priviledged to live in this wonderful country. I am thankful for all our armed forces and what they do for each and every one of us. I grew up next to Nellis Air Force Base and still live very close by. The sounds of aircraft flying over head is just an everyday affair I have grown to truly appreciate...I tell others that complain about the noise that it is the sounds of freedom, it normally shuts them up.


Here are a few of my Americana creations I wanted to share with you. I hope you enjoy them...you can purchase them too it you desire.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails