Recipes

Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

I hope everyone is enjoying their Independence Day.  It's been really hot here in Vegas for the last week so I didn't buy any fireworks or gather the troops (friends and family).  I've been watching pictures on Facebook posted by my friend Liz...they went to Utah (Bryce Canyon area) and wishing I was there enjoying cooler weather
Timm put out the word and we did some smoking for friends and co-workers.  
Eight briskets, 12 racks of ribs, 4 pork butts, chicken and sausage, along with several sides.   
These ABTs were ours and boy were they good.  Timm seasoned the cream cheese and stuffed the jalapeno with shrimp...yummy!
The aerial fireworks have been going for 2 hours now.   I gotta say, folks have spent a fortune on them around here.  Mother Nature even got her share in with a short storm with thunder and lightening.   
Prayers and love to friends Pam and Louie today...they lost their son, Kasey 4 years ago now tonight.  I'm thinking of you.  
Cassy went to the lake to swim this week
She really enjoyed it.  But I gotta say, the water level at the lake is sooooo low. 
Hopefully, they'll start releasing some water from Lake Powell soon.
Anyway, I wish America a very happy birthday.  I pray for our nation and it's people.  I'm thankful for our forefathers, they were wise beyond their time.  I'm thankful for all those who serve and protect. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails