Recipes

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I would like to extend my heartfelt thankfulness to each and every member of the military, past and present, for their service and sacrifices made to protect this great nation of ours.  Your families have suffered and sacrificed with you even though they've not been near you...which is the biggest sacrifice of all. 
I live just a few miles from Nellis Air Force Base here in Las Vegas now, I grew up with the base as my neighbor...literally.  Planes and jets come and go all hours of the day and night.  To some, it is an annoyance but I realize it is the sound of freedom and I don't mind.  I get to watch the Thunderbirds as they practice routines and sometimes I swear I could reach out and touch them they fly over so close.  I feel priviledged to see them so often. 
I have friends that are in the military, some are retired too.  My father, uncles, and grandfathers, and father in law all served our country as well.  I want to say 'THANK YOU' for your time, integrity, devotion, pride, service and sacrifice.  They seem like such simple words but I want you all to know they come with great emotion and thought.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails